Author: Nikola Benin
Digital Assembly 2016 in Bratislava
The Digital Assembly 2016, the most important DG Connect annual event in policy making, entitled “Putting the Digital Single Market at the heart of Europe” will take place at the Slovak National Theatre. It is organised by the European Commission in cooperation with the Slovakian Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
Day 1: Wednesday 28 September 2016
Day 2: Thursday 29 September 2016
The panel will focus on the challenges encountered by leading tech business and how to overcome them. The debate will be focused around the development of startup ecosystems, support of innovation, the lifecycle of a tech company from inception to IPO, and policy measures for the digital economy and digital single market.
- Paul Hofheinz – President Lisbon Council and Coordinator European Digital Forum – Moderator of the session.
- Sebastian Siemiatkowski – Cofounder and CEO of Klarna
- Zuzana Nehajová – Director General at the Directorate General for Innovation and Business Environment – Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic
- Peter Verhoeven – Head of EMEA of Booking.com
- Karen Boers – Cofounder & Managing Director of Startups.be, Board member & CEO of European Startup Network
Panel discussion with
- Roberto Viola, Director General DG CONNECT
- Dita Charanzova, Member of the European Parliament
- Hon. Emmanuel Mallia, Minister for Competitiviness and Digital, Maritime and Services Economy
- Peter Pellegrini, Deputy Prime Minister of Slovakia (Closing Remarks)