Author: Nikola Benin
- Date: 15 November 2016 to 16 November 2016
- Where: Hangzhou (China)
The UNESCO Global Network of Learning Cities (GNLC) has been growing rapidly, with more than 100 cities joining the Network over the past year. Representatives of these member cities will have an opportunity to meet each other and discuss ideas at the First Members’ Meeting of the UNESCO GNLC, which will take place in Hangzhou, China, on 15 and 16 November 2016. Members are cordially invited to send a maximum of two city representatives to attend the Meeting and share their expertise, experience and knowledge on building sustainable learning cities.
The main themes of the Meeting will be:
- the use of information and communications technology to develop learning cities;
- Allocating learning resources to different communities including: urban communities and rural areas;
- developing a legal framework for building learning cities; and
- monitoring the progress of learning cities.
The Meeting will include a preparatory session for the 3rd International Conference on Learning Cities, which will take place in 2017 in Cork, Ireland. Members will also provide input on developing a simplified version of the Key Features of Learning Cities, one of the UNESCO GNLC’s key documents. In addition, they will provide feedback on a series of video tutorials currently being developed by the UNESCO GNLC to support members as they build their learning cities.