Nikola Benin, PhD
Participate in this one-day event which includes a matchmaking event and conference with the latest policy news, an introduction to forthcoming calls and a presentation of already successful Horizon 2020 projects within circular economy topics. The main target group for the event is businesses looking for partners in innovation and R&D activities / developing new business models and value chains within the area of circular economy.
The matchmaking covers following topics:
• Reducing material and resource inputs
• Maintaining the value of products, materials and resources for as long as possible
• Minimising the generation of waste
• Replacing non-renewable resources with biomass
• Protecting oceans and land from waste and litter by remediating existing concentrates, mitigating new pollution and developing biodegradable bio plastics.
• R&D, new business models and value chains
Nikola Benin, PhD
The public sector in the EU, as elsewhere in the world, is faced with important challenges. These include modernising internal operations of public services to make them run more efficiently, as well as improving the external quality of public services to the citizens, e.g. improving high quality affordable health care to cope with an ageing population, improving energy efficiency, etc.
Addressing such challenges can require new and better solutions:
- Procurement of solutions new to the market where the public sector acts as first customer: Public Procurement of Innovative solutions (PPI)
- Procurement of R&D services to tackle specific public needs when solutions are not yet on the market: Pre-commercial Procurement (PCP)
Horizon 2020 reinforces these co-financing mechanisms and will continue boosting in the upcoming work programme for the calls in 2018-2020.
This webinar aims to give more information on how PCP and PPI work. The agenda consists of a detailed presentation by the EC representative on basic info, benefits, eligibility, etc. and a successful Swiss PCP project testimonial.